MD Restoration is seeking a Multi-trade Carpentry Technician to join our team. This individual will be responsible for a variety of in-house carpentry tasks. We are a licensed general contractor equipped to handle various projects; the right candidate will be reliable, flexible, and eager to join a hardworking, enthusiastic team.
As Oahu’s largest and most comprehensive restoration firm, MD’s priority is keeping our clients safe and healthy. Our Multi-Trade Carpentry Technician will play a big part in this mission by providing high-quality, safe solutions for our internal team and clients.
This position requires labor related to carpentry work. Most of your work will be in residential homes and apartments, where customer service and cleanliness is top priority. You must have your own tools. We require you to provide a list of three previous jobs with your application in order to evaluate your experience. You must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse screening and background check.
Specific Job Duties:
- Performs carpentry related work on residential and commercial repair projects, including cabinetry, shelving, baseboards, door and window casing, exterior trim, laminate flooring, towel bars, light fixtures, etc.
- Performs rough carpentry as needed, including framing, exterior siding, door and window installation, etc.
- Detaches & resets outlet covers and switch plates, cable outlet covers, data outlet covers, etc.
- Hangs, patches, and tapes drywall.
- Applies smooth coat, orange peel, knockdown, skip-trowel, and other finishes to drywall and plaster.
- Matches existing finishes in repaired areas.
- Resets cove base, baseboard, casing, and trim.
- Putty, patch, prime, and paint.
- Patches small drywall holes and cutouts, touch-up drywall finishes as necessary; light sand if needed.
- Gathers paint samples from projects and get them professionally matched. Picks up paint from the store.
- Detachs & resets wall and ceiling-mounted items as needed; tapes or cuts around as needed.
- Thoroughly cleans the work area and surrounding areas of dust and debris.
- Performs final walk-through and job completion. Closes out repair projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Most of your work will be in residential homes and apartments, where customer service and cleanliness is top priority. You must have your own tools.
You can also apply in person at our office located at 2343 N. King Street, Honolulu, HI 96819 from 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday.